Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jan Ullrich at Gran Fondo USA-Miami


Jan Ullrich, the 1997 Tour de France champion and 2000 Olympic gold medalist, will be participating in the final round of the 2011 Gran Fondo USA series at the Gran Fondo Miami on November 20th, 2011.

"After some private difficulties in the past, I have found the love for cycling again. Cycling was always the most important part of my life and I now find it enjoyable again," said Ullrich. "The sport of cycling provides a certain lifestyle as well as an additional quality of life through health, fitness and pleasure. Moving forward I would like to share this with others and the concept of “Gran Fondo USA” fits perfectly within this goal. At some points during my professional career, I was not able to enjoy the simple pleasures of racing over different terrain, the camaraderie with my teammates and at some points the hard effort was no pleasure at all. Today all this has changed and the values and philosophy of the professionally organized Gran Fondo USA series fits perfectly with my objectives and values to have fun while still being competitive”, Ullrich said.

More information about the Gran Fonda USA-Miami at www.granfondousa.com

Photo: Pantani, Ullrich, Virenque in 1997 Tour de France

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 2,100 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment